|Continental & Indian Cooking|
HOME | BOLLYWOOD | MOVIES | CRICKET | DIWALI | E-CARDS | COOKING | BABY NAMES | JOKES | FESTIVALS | MOBILES | CARS & BIKES
home > cooking >North India >Main Course
Dahi Wali Bhindi
Preperation Time 15 Minutes
Sarson (mustard) oil for frying
2tsp Urad Daal(White gram lentils)
3/4 tsp Sarson (Black mustard seeds)
1tsp Zeera (Cumin Seeds)
4 Red Chillies, whole
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp Chilli powder
1/2tsp Haldi(turmeric powder)
3/4 cup Dahi(yoghurt), whisked
Salt to taste
1/2 Cocunut, grated
1/2 Kaaju (cashewnuts)
10-15 Kari patta(curry leaves)
1. Grind togeather, cocunut and kaaju to a paste. Put aside until further use.
2. Remove the base and tip of each bhindi and cut into halves
3. Heat oil in a kadhai and fry Bhindi for about 5 minutes. Drain excess oil and put aside.
4. Reheat 3 tbsp of the same oil in another Kadhai, add onion and fry until golden. Add urad daal, sarson, zeera and kari patta, fry for a minute.
5. Mix in tomatoes, chilli powder, haldi, cocunut paste and salt. Bhuno well untill oil seperates.
6. To the dahi, add 1 cup of water and mix into the masala. Bring to a boil stirring continuously.
7. Add bhindi, cover the kadhai and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes
8. Serve hot, accompanied by Chappaties/pulao.
BACK SUGGEST A RECIPE TOP